Saturday, December 06, 2008

We are here!

We are finally residents of Weatherford, TX! We signed the papers Wednesday and moved in Thursday. We are so excited to be done with commuting to school from the corporate apartment in Ft Worth!!!!!!! Those were some long days.
In our new house ALL of the kids rooms are upstairs and we are ALONE downstairs! This is a first for us, but we are willing to do the painful suffering. (: Also, we have an upstairs living room where we can read scriptures and have family prayers before bedtime. That is so nice that we don't have to heard all of the kids up the stairs after we are done saying goodnight. They are already feet away from their doors and we can tuck them all in and then retreat the ENTIRE bottom floor .......ALONE! What kind of genius built this house???????? A parent of lots of noisy boys and a nosy girl, I bet! (:
Our house and yard are alot smaller than Utah, but we think we are going to be thankful for that. We were sick of being slave to the BIG yard and big house. The kids are lovin' sidewalks, also. They can ride their bikes on semi flat ground and walk to school in 2 minutes. I love being able to see them playing at recess when I am driving by while running errands. I feel close to them.
Alex and Kathryn are having a rougher time adjusting to school in the NORMAL world.This is not Pleasant View, UT anymore. They are appalled by the way the teenagers behave and have had a lot of eye opening experiences. We have had many tears this last week. But, I think it has helped them become stronger and realize what is really important in their lives. I think it has strengthened their testimonies of the Savior, Jesus Christ. I have heard their prayers become more deep and meaningful. I have felt them relying on the Holy Spirit to guide and comfort them during their days away. I also feel such a greater responsibility to make home a haven .....where they can rest and retreat from the filth and garbage they are sometimes surrounded by during the day. Family Home Evening is taking on new meaning and family prayers and scripture study are ssssooooo essential. I always knew this , but felt so much support from the community in Pleasant View. I knew the kids were surrounded by people with strong morals and values.Now I feel like we are swimming in the ocean and not splashin' around in a kiddie pool. It is my job as a parent to teach them all how to keep afloat in deep water. I think it will be a blessing to all of us and help us become in tune with what is really important to us in this life.

3 comments:

The Fear Fam said...

Congratulations on moving into the new house! We are so excited for you. It sounds like it is going to work out really well.

You made tears well up in my eyes when you talked about Alex and Katie, but I know that if any kids can persevere and be a good example to their classmates, it's them. We are praying for them!

~A

Leslie said...

I was so sure that when I moved to Prunedale, I would never make friends like the ones I had moved away from... I am so glad that I was completely wrong because I made friends that I would keep for (going on) 20 years... Can you believe it has been that long???? Am I adding correctly?? So Katie and Alex will make good friends too ~ I just know it!

Chris and Rita said...

Leslie, Remember how much fun we had that 1st year of seminary together with John Holt? Those are awesome memories for me.