Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Latest News and Drumming as a Career or Profession

I was asked by Betsy for the update on Ryan's pinewood derby. The peanut car was entirely Ryan's design, and he guided me through every step even as I used the power tools, belt sander, and broke at least one band saw in the process. He painted and designed the last part of the peanut as well. So what can I say? Since I didn't put the car in Lockheed's wind tunnel to make sure it was faster than the other 10 year olds', I guess Ryan placed right in the middle. Not bad for a 10 year old kid who fully designed and built his own car!

I was also asked about how last Friday's drum playing went. Let's just say that I'm not going to be quitting my day job anytime soon. I was asked a few weeks back to help a guy at my church with an upcoming show. This guy wrote an EP around the Twilight book, and wanted to spice up a live show with drums and bass guitar. The downloads have netted him about $3000 so far so I thought it might be an interesting gig. Well, after 12 hours' worth of setup, rehearsal, tear down, set up, wait, and play, we ended up playing to a crowd of four people. That's right FOUR.

But it was a good show.

--Chris

1 comment:

Gramma Betsy said...

I am sorry that I didn't make it 5 people. Looking forward to seeing all of you soon. I am on my way to S.C. and Mike's house tomorrow.
Love you all,
Mom