Boy Oh Boy have I been busy! As I predicted I did not have much time to update my blog this last week. Having 8 kids is no small task!!! Applause to all of the moms of large families out there. We have had sick kids ALL week. Fevers, coughs, runny noses,tummy aches, and tonight the first VOMIT of the week. I went in to rub vapor rub on Caleb's chest and he had thrown up on the bed and I sat in it. I didn't turn on the light because John had just fallen asleep and I didn't want to risk waking the giant. So I had to strip down Caleb, the bedding, and then myself. It was a lot of fun for a Friday night.
Chris is out of town until Sunday night. He and his old friend Brett Black went to Yellowstone National Park to go snow mobiling. I am so happy he got to go because he really NEEDS a break more than anyone I know.(besides myself) (: He has been working so hard lately at work and home and school. He was out late last night helping the boys(Steven and Ryan) make their Pinewood Derby cars for Scouts. The race is next week. I was asleep by the time he came in and started packing to leave early this AM. He was so sweet to pack in the dark with only the bathroom light on so I wouldn't wake up. Since the light was off he did not see the wool socks laid out for him and proceeded to go down to the basement and hunt for 2 more pair. I saw them laying there when I woke up this morning and he was already gone.
Alex and Katie went to the school dance tonight and now Kathryn is sitting here telling me all about it while I am writing this. It is so cute to see her so excited. She looks so beautiful. She said she danced with 4 boys. (: Wow....my little girl is growing up.
All in all it has been a sweet week. I have loved having Caleb and Ella here with us. Having a baby in the house has been awesome. The big kids have been so much help.I am so thankful to have great helpers. I love all of my kids.
This week Alex signed up for the Jr. Lacrosse Team. He is really excited and I am so proud of him. He wanted to go out for baseball, but he and his friend decided to try lacrosse. We will see how it goes.
I gotta run and pick up Alex from a friends house up the hill. I will try to write again soon.
Oh yeah, our dishwasher broke this week. We are waiting for the part to come in. It has been so interesting to see our kids LEARN to do dishes the old fashioned way. And also our upstairs heater went out. Luckily it has been warmer... 20-30's at night. The guy came and fixed it this morning.Yeah!
Friday, March 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Umm... need I remind you that you ARE a mom to a large family!
I hope everyone is on the mend. Sorry you sat in puke... yuck.
Tell Katie to stop dancing with boys, it's making me feel old. :)
~A
What a good wife you are to let Chris go off, while you have extra kids around. My kids always get sick when Jason's out of town.
Post a Comment