I am up again when I should be in bed. It is 4:30 am. John peed in his bed and had to be "completely "changed, bed and all. I need to break down and buy more pull ups. I swore I would never be a consumer of pull ups. My other 5 kids were potty trained and slept through the night dry from day one. They also slept through the night from a couple weeks of age. NOT John!!!! We have heard his voice or footsteps almost every night since his birth 3 1/2 yrs ago. It is getting quite old. Adam is a light sleeper and gets woke up by John's nighttime escapades. We also have all hard wood in our entire upper floor and the sound echos horribly.
So here I am on the computer because I cannot fall back asleep. Chris could sleep standing up in the middle of the freeway, but not me. I wake up from a leaf falling off of the tree in the yard.
Speaking of yard....we can almost see all of ours. The snow is FINALLY melting. The boys were playing basketball on the court in the backyard yesterday. Yeah. But, there was a snow prediction for last nights overnight weather, but so far I only see rain when I walked past the window.
I have Joy School here in 4 1/2 hours and we are celebrating Easter. We are having an Easter egg hunt. I already have all of the eggs stuffed thanks to my kids help.
Last night we signed up our 4 biggest boys for baseball.(Adam will be in t-ball)There are 2 games a week per kid so you do the math....We will be living and eating out of the Suburban for 8 games a week, plus practices. Why did I do this to myself??? They are so excited though.
Has anyone out there ever made their own laundry soap? I know some of you are laughing, but I am serious. My old neighbor(of 10 yrs ago), Lynda, now lives here a couple miles from us and we have reconnected. She is the type of person you would want to be stuck with in a survival situation. She is so awesome.We are tempted to sell this house and move into the house next door to her. It is going to be for sale and our kids get along great. Well, she taught me how to make laundry soap with 20 Mule Team Borax, Washing Soda, and Zote Soap. It is so awesome and it really works. It comes out to be 1 cent a load!!!!!!!! If any of you can do math you know that is a heck of a lot cheaper than any store bought stuff. And with 14 plus loads a week at our house that is a good bargain! So if any of you all want to come to Utah I will give you a personal lesson on how to cook your own laundry soap. (: You do need an empty 3 gallon bucket, though. (:
This week has been non stop running....not as in a 5k, but in "Mom" running. Eye exam appts 3 days of this week with 3 kids needing new glasses, Joy school 2 days, tending 2 extra kids for 2 days, making meals for a family in our neighborhood with sickness, carpooling, dermatology appt for some freaky infection Adam has on his arm, scouts: we are going to the train museum tomorrow, exercising with a friend (with 3 kids under our feet), 2 days of piano lessons, baseball sign ups, Family Home Evening St Paddy's Day party, out to dinner with our friends, temple night , plus making meals for our house, and shopping (for food, not for fun). I really SHOULD be sleeping!!!!!!
O.k. I am going back to bed....
But, We are really excited because one of our old friends is coming to Utah next week.!!! Leslie Thurman (Gray) and her family will be in town. It will be such a treat to see them. Yeah!...I have something to look forward besides washing all of the peed out sheets and blankets that I just shoved down my laundry chute. (:
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll be on my way! I get to depart from my own crazy schedule and laundry routine and play for a week - it will be fun to see you guys! Drake was the same way as John in a lot of ways so I don't have much sage advice! We are so excited to see you!
I can tell you were sleepy when you wrote this because you cover so many topics! Hehe!
You are a saint to put so many kids in sports.
And don't feel bad about the pull-ups. Bea is almost 4 and wears them every night, and Natalie is almost 6 and still wears them a couple times a week. Something's gotta give, and for me, it's washing peed on pajamas and sheets.
Post a Comment