Sunday, February 01, 2009

We had a great weekend with Grandpa John and Grandma Dana visiting us from Kansas. They came to celebrate Alex's bday and see Ryan race his Pinewood Derby car. We had a crepe breakfast on Saturday , walked to the park,played games,and then went to a German restaurant before the race.German food is NOT for me.!!I am a true Mexican food fan! The Fear Family are true taco/tostada fans and my own flesh and blood, Alex, hates tacos! Actually, none of my kids would list tacos as a favorite meal. I can't believe that I gave birth to these kids! There is nothing quite like a fried corn tortilla tostada and some cold tropical punch!!!
Anyway, we had so much fun. Grandma played a game of Pay Day with the boys and was sure they were swindling her out of money while she was talking to Chris. (: (hi Dana) The kids also had a little tether ball tournament with G&G down at the school playground.
Chris and I actually watched the Super Bowl start to finish for the first time in our entire marriage.... exciting game..... Our kids could not believe we were really watching it since we have NEVER watched a sports game together on a t.v. in our almost 16 year marriage. SERIOUSLY. They went in the other room and watched a black and white Little Rascals video. (:
It all starts over again in the morning. 5 am will be here too soon. Goodnight.
John, Adam, and Ryan all start soccer tomorrow..........I need an extra driver.........and a cook

p.s. I am so excited that Chris called and asked a single lady we know to stay with our kids this weekend on our anniversary so we can go away to a Bed and Breakfast for 2 days. Thursday cannot come soon enough!

2 comments:

The Fear Fam said...

Rest assured that the taco-lovin' gene has been passed down over here. :)

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Gramma Betsy said...

I am jealous that couldn't visit too. How did the Drum playing go on Friday night, Chris? Also, I am still waiting for the picture of the peanut-mobile pinewood derby car picture to be posted. How did Ryan do? Are Adam and John going to preschool?
Alex, your card is in the mail!!!Happy birthday. I miss and love all of you. I am off to S.C. on Thursday. Can't wait to come and visit all of you.
Mom/Gramma Betsy