Thursday, December 27, 2007

I NEED SILENCE

I've caught the boys in the act and took pictures to prove it.




I have been TRYING to read a book for a couple weeks now and am barely to page 100. Every time I sit down (or stand up) to read a page SOMEONE is talking to me.I NEED a moment of silence. I have also done an experiment on going to the bathroom in peace. This is NOT exaggerated either......seriously, every time I attempt to "go" in peace it only takes about 15 seconds for someone to be knocking at the door or breaking open the lock with a butter knife(John is a master at unlocking things at age 3). Last week, late at night, I went in my bathroom and THOUGHT,"this might be the moment I've been hoping for." I was going in peace and lo and behold the house intercom beeps (one is in our master bathroom) and comes on with Alex's voice,"Mom".


Right in the middle of typing THIS very post John was climbing the kitchen china cabinet and fell. I know that a lot of you might say, " How on earth could you let that happen?" Well, my kids are faster than a speeding bullet when it comes to trouble, messes and "creativity". Things are never dull around here. Right now John is crawling on me with a flashlight shining it in my eyes. At least he is not spraying PAM all over my kitchen floor. Today is a mellow day. He did not put any surprise items down the laundry chute or HEATER VENTS. The only way to always know what John and Adam are up to is for us to sell our house and go to a one bedroom studio apartment. We seriously have decided our house is too big for those two. Baby gates and childproofing doesn't keep them away from anything. They just disassemble the locks.

My favorite HEATER VENT story to this day is when Chris could not find his work keys.I smelled something horrible in our room and finally traced it to the heater vent . I opened the vent to find a poopy diaper.I pulled it out and there were the work keys!Johnny told me he was hiding them from the bad guys. He was only 2 at the time.


The other morning I was taking a shower and came out in a hurry to find them with the piano pushed out from the wall and screw drivers in each of their hands. They were going to "fix" the piano. If ONLY they would watch TV like normal kids!!!!!


No comments: