This is a picture of the sunset we see form the kitchen table. I thought you all might like to see it.They have been so beautiful lately.
The kids just got out of school for Christmas Break and we went shopping to Sears after school today with their gift cards from Grandpa John and Grandma Dana (Chris' parents). Six excited kids with gift cards and ONE adult is NOT something I would recommend to anyone I like.Top it off with a snow storm and a double stroller and I am ready to volunteer to have triplets without an epidural! Five days before Christmas doesn't help either.
Rewind to 3pm when I am on the phone with my sister and then my Mom and the kids are constantly bugging me about leaving to the mall. I am doing "sign language" telling them to get ready and help the little boys(John and Adam) get their coats,gloves, shoes on.I run into my room and get some decent "public" clothes on and fix my hair which looks like I have been electrocuted.(thank goodness for flat irons)Katie is constantly coming in to give me the "report" on all five boys behavior.(What would I do without 1 daughter?)Finally everyone is declared ready and waiting in the car!!!! I come out to the garage in 20 degrees and wonder why we moved from AZ and jump in FAST.I look in the rear view mirror to find everyone buckled up and Off we go to the MALL. I have come to know in the past few years why my Mom HATED the MALL......but that is a story for another post on another day.
We arrive and I get out and unload the double stroller and Alex's crutches(he broke his leg at Ryan's 9th bday in November and has been in a wheelchair up until last week)fun fun fun.another post..another day. Anyway I see the kids piling out of the car and when I laid eyes on my three youngest I KNEW I should have done and OUTFIT CHECK! Ryan is in a tie-dyed short sleeve t-shirt with a "ski bib" and snow boots on minus the coat necessary for a 20 degree day. Adam is in a nice sweater and corduroy pants.....one minor problem...they're both on backwards. To top it off he has on a pair of Ryan's snow boots with no socks! Then we have Johnny who jumps out with a shirt I took off of him after he spilled his lunch all over it(he must have pulled it out of the bathroom laundry hamper) and a pair of black sweats with the pockets turned out and his infamous Darth Vader shoes( that a lady gave him for free from a yard sale .......thanks a lot lady!!!) on the wrong feet with NO SOCKS! And John is yelling,"Give me my debit card".(his sears gift card) I had to laugh or I would have cried!
When we came out of the store an hour later Adam and Ryan were the proud new owners of suits for church and Steven had gotten a new pair of tennis shoes.My blood pressure was too high to finish all of the shopping in one day. Three gifts card gone..three to go. By the way, a genuine "thank you " to my in laws who sent the gift cards.We do appreciate every stitch of clothing we don't have to pay for.(: That is so thoughtful of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment