Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Family Home Evening


For those of you who may not be familiar with the Latter Day Saint religion... we are asked by our leaders to set aside Monday nights for a "Family Home Evening". That means no other committments, phone calls, etc. Just a night all home together. Here is our chart that helps us rotate responsibilities. Of course everyone likes having "activity" and "treat" the most. Steven made brownies (from scratch) this Monday. What a stud! He served them with peppermint stick ice cream. Here is a picture of Johnny helping make dinner (lasagna).

Ryan did a cool activity with paper sacks with different items in each one. You had to reach your hand in without looking and guess what you thought it was. We had some funny guesses. In the bags he had 1. YEAST 2. SHREDDED CHEESE 3. AN ARMY GUY 4. KATIES SOCK. It was so cute. Our kids are so creative. We love them so much. They make us smile daily.

Daddy( CHRIS) gave a lesson on "CHOICES" We had a good discussion with the kids....even though the little guys got a little hyper at times.We had to sing a few fun songs in the middle to get their wiggles out.












6 comments:

Gramma Betsy said...

Good job Steve! Any Rita, for having your FHE. It is a chore, but it has its rewards.
Love you
Mom

The Fear Fam said...

I love you guys. This post makes me want to be there with you all! We have a FHE chart too... right now the girls switch off leading the music or picking the activity. Poor Mommy does everything else since Daddy is at the Academy. :)

Chris and Rita said...

Oh how we would love for you guys to be here with us.We miss you and I have got to squeeze that little DEX before he grows up. Love you guys.
Rita
That's it! I am getting in the car and coming to CA!!

The Fear Fam said...

Yes!!! Our back room is pretty big and we have a good-sized family room that can be closed off, too, so come on down!!! And once the kids are in bed we can eat cookie cars and watch Pride & Prejudice, the one with Colin Firth. :)
(Do I know how to tempt you, or what?!?)

The Fear Fam said...

that would be cookie BARS... although cookie cars would be *awesome*!!!

Deanna Payne said...

I haven't checked in on you for a while since you went for sooooo long without posting. I love catching up on what is happening with you guys. What fun kids you have! I am going to copy your family home evening chart. Love it! I so miss the snow and wish we could switch homes with you for a week. Although the two years we lived there the snow was NEVER that deep. Good Luck getting it to melt before next year's snow comes again. Hehe!