What a busy week! I literally have had zero time to blog. It is 11 pm and we are leaving for Arkansas in the early morning. We will be back Saturday in time to spend a few hours with our friends, the Taylor's, from Colorado. They will be here in Texas for Thanksgiving with his family and are staying with us in our cozy apartment..... We are so excited to see them! It has been 2 yrs since we have seen them all.We were totally surprised and thrilled when they called last night to see if we were going to be in town during their visit.. (Brandie, if you read this....John and Adam were hoping "Cousin Jude" was coming along with them.) (:
We got both cars registered with TEXAS plates this morning and now we both have Texas drivers licenses. I am known to move state to state keeping the same license and never switching. bad girl. I surrendered an Arizona one from 5 yrs ago this morning. Boo Hoo.
Katie gave a talk at church last week and Alex, Chris and I are speaking next week even though we have not officially moved in the ward. I also was called to the Young Women's Presidency and we haven't even signed the papers on our house. Busy ...busy....busy.
Life is good. We have so many blessings.We have met many wonderful people here who have been so warm and welcoming.
It is so great to be able to visit Chris' family.We are going to his Mom's house ( Arkansas) tomorrow and then on to his Grandma's for Thanksgiving. What fun. And last weekend we were in Kansas visiting Grandpa John, Grandma Dana,Aunt Libby and Uncle Jean and cousins. We have loved being so close. It is only 6-7 hrs away. What a blessing.
Goodnight.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have fun, Rit! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family. :)
I wish we could have come with the Taylor's. Man, you move away from the west and they waste no time putting you to work at church.
Post a Comment