A sincere apology to both of my TWO faithful readers of our blog. I have been too busy to write this week. Just kidding...I am not sure how many people read my blog....I will ONLY know if you make comments. (hint hint)
Seriously, I have been busy reading my Joy of Cooking cookbook. My bother-in-law, Tony gave it to me for Christmas probably 10 yrs ago and I have LOVED that thing ever since. I never get time to sit down and browse through it. So this week my house was a little crazy and I had major cabin fever....I said to myself,"What the heck! I am doing something I like for once."I was sick of picking up the same crap over and over and over and over and over.I had had it!!! I sat down in that rocker and read through that book from braising meat to frying catfish to glazing donuts.
As I was reading I was getting bummed out realizing that 98.4% of the recipes I read were NOT going to give me a body like Jennifer Garner, but one more like Edna Turnblad ( in Hairspray,John Travolta dressed up like a 350 lb woman). Then I started thinking that I am HOPING in Heaven we will get to eat Sourdough bread with a ton of REAL butter and it will be the same caloric content of fat free sugar free tofu stir fry surprise!
By the way....my spell check is not working!
Seriously, I have been busy reading my Joy of Cooking cookbook. My bother-in-law, Tony gave it to me for Christmas probably 10 yrs ago and I have LOVED that thing ever since. I never get time to sit down and browse through it. So this week my house was a little crazy and I had major cabin fever....I said to myself,"What the heck! I am doing something I like for once."I was sick of picking up the same crap over and over and over and over and over.I had had it!!! I sat down in that rocker and read through that book from braising meat to frying catfish to glazing donuts.
As I was reading I was getting bummed out realizing that 98.4% of the recipes I read were NOT going to give me a body like Jennifer Garner, but one more like Edna Turnblad ( in Hairspray,John Travolta dressed up like a 350 lb woman). Then I started thinking that I am HOPING in Heaven we will get to eat Sourdough bread with a ton of REAL butter and it will be the same caloric content of fat free sugar free tofu stir fry surprise!
By the way....my spell check is not working!
5 comments:
If there's not Sourdough in Heaven then I don't think Jay will want to go!
And welcome back, from one of your faithful readers! :)
I do love reading your postings. I really miss all of you. That driveway looks scary. What happens when it starts to melt? Down the hill must get flooded....
thanks for the pictures and the info......Mom
I read your blog faithfully. And I have Gabe read it when she's around. We Laugh, and Laugh, and miss you ALOT!!!
I'm surprised you didn't end up making cummoot (sp?) waffles!!!
Oh, with carob chips in it!!
Hello Rita! You don't know me, but I love reading about your family!
My name is Janet Hartley and my hubby and I are good friends with Jay and Amy out here in the land of sun and NO SNOW.
So there are readers, some you might be OK with, others, well, it's a scary thought.
I love your blog though. Keep it up. Nice to meet you.
Janet
Janet, We are honored that you read our blog! You are welcome anytime! I hope to meet you soon when I finally venture out to the land of sun.
Rita
Post a Comment