Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Grateful

Wow! So much is on my mind....So much to do....so much going on.....things never stop.
My friends had a going away brunch for me today. Lora, Amy, Kristy, Dawneen, Debbie, Carol, and Emily were there. It was great to have one last time to get together and let the kids play while we talked and remembered good times together these last 3 years that I've lived here. I will miss them all very much!
We had a showing today which was so appreciated after 3 weeks of no one looking at our house. The kids and I fasted yesterday for some progress on our house. When we got home from church there was a message from the realtor about a showing today. Alex was so sweet and went running down the hall to tell Katie. He said, " It worked...our prayers were answered and someone wants to come and see the house." I was thankful for that faith building experience for the kids. What a blessing.
There were alot of tears at church on Sunday. Boy are we going to miss everyone. We have had so much support and help. Someone brought us dinner Sunday, we were invited to dinner tonight, and someone is bringing a meal tomorrow. Some women are coming to help prepare for the movers to come tomorrow.My friend came over tonight and helped me pack all of the kids suitcases and prepare the church clothes for next Sunday morning. My other friend volunteered to clean my car tomorrow so it is ready to be shipped Wednesday. Another friend is picking up katie during school and bringing her to and from her last orthodontist appt so that I don't loose momentum at the house getting things done. My elderly neighbor is taking John and Adam all day so I can work without them undoing everything. I could go on and on about so many people who are willing to help. I n the meantime all of these great women are also preparing for a funeral to take place any day. An awesome, amazing man in our ward has been battling colon cancer along with his son for the last 9 months. His son, who is a newlywed, is recovering, but his dad, who is only about 50 was rushed to the hospital last night and is nearing death.It is so sad.This man was so friendly to us when we moved in.He was so energetic and full of life. I can't believe the transformation that has taken place so quick.He still has a son in high school.We are praying for the family tonight.
I am so thankful for the lessons I have learned here while in Pleasant View. These are truly some of the most strong,valiant people I have ever associated with in my life.

3 comments:

Gramma Betsy said...

Thanks for sharing these tender feelings. I know that your family has been so blessed living there. During my visits there, I witnessed the kindness and generousity of your neighbors. I think it is a bit of Heaven here on earth. I know it is hard to leave. Thank you to all who have made my daughter's experience in Pleasant View a wonderful one.
Mom

Leslie said...

Wow, wish I was there to help do something ~ GOOD LUCK and take care!

The Fear Fam said...

This post got me all teary, Rit. I am so glad you have so many wonderful friends and neighbors to help you. And I'm also so happy you had a showing on the house. We are praying for you guys as you make this big transistion. We love ya!