It's almost noon on Sunday and we should have left Aspen Grove right now, but due to an AVALANCHE at Sundance, we cannot get out yet. Yes, you read this right...an avalanche has covered the road in the canyon and we're waiting on UDOT to plow the snow out.
So the staff that works on this hill full-time drove up to our cabin and told us all of this and said that we should move our stuff over to the main lodge that has the generator. Luckily, Rita and I had brought food and drink with us for Sunday morning and we are now in the main lodge watching KBYU TV, the weather, and I'm catching up on the blog. Luckily we have not lost power yet and the heat is working.
Another good thing is that we have a wonderful woman watching our children and house-sitting. She's the best and the kids seem like they are doing well. Unfortunately, it sounds as if they are also stuck on the hill since the snow plows have not cleared the road back home either.
We have a full kitchen here at Aspen Grove, and the guy that runs the lodge on the weekends says that he'll feed us if this goes much longer. He's the main cook that lives up here with his family, and the FOOD IS GREAT. So I guess if I were to be stranded anywhere on a mountain, it would be here.
We'll keep you posted.
Pictures coming!
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank goodness for good friends and babysitters. An avalanche...wow. Take care.
Oh my goodness! Well, I guess you're right... that's a pretty good place to be stuck.
~A
Post a Comment